By David Pogue
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596804299/)
The new iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3.0 software have arrived, and New York Times tech columnist David Pogue is on top of it with a thoroughly updated edition of iPhone: The Missing Manual. The iPhone is packed with possibilities, and with this handy book, you can explore them all, right on your iPhone.
If you have a new iPhone 3GS, or just updated your 3G with iPhone 3.0, iPhone: The Missing Manual, will bring you up to speed quickly. New York Times tech columnist David Pogue gives you a guided tour of every feature, with lots of tips, tricks, and surprises. You'll learn how to make calls and play songs by voice control, take great photos, keep track of your schedule, and more.
This entertaining book offers complete step-by-step instructions for doing everything from setting up and accessorizing your iPhone to troubleshooting. If you want to learn how iPhone 3.0 lets you search your phone, cut, copy, and paste, and lots more, this full-color book is the best, most objective resource available.
* Use it as a phone: save time with things like Visual Voicemail, contact searching, and more
* Treat it as an iPod: listen to music, upload and view photos, and fill the iPhone with TV shows and movies
* Take the iPhone online: get online, browse the Web, read and compose email in landscape, send photos, contacts, audio files, and more
* Go beyond the iPhone: use iPhone with iTunes, sync it with your calendar, and learn about the App Store, where you can select from thousands of iPhone apps
Unlock the full potential of your iPhone with the book that should have been in the box.
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this App includes the same great reading features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with more than two million downloads:
* Search the full book text
* Day/night reading modes
* Change the font size
* Landscape view when you tilt your iPhone
* Extensive cross referencing and working hyperlinks (tap and hold to follow links)
* Zoom in on images and screenshots (tap and hold image)
About O'Reilly Media
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone eBook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
© David Pogue