Posted on Tuesday, December 2, 2008
in Books, Free Iphone Applications
Lord Venkateswara is the main diety of the Tirumala temple, Tirupathi. The lord is an incarnation of lord Vishnu.
He is worshipped by the people with different names like Balaji, Srinivasa, Govinda. Venkateswara means the Lord who destroys the sins of the people. According the Hindu scriptures, Vishnu, out of love towards his devotees, incarnated as Venkateshwara and appeared for the salvation and upliftment of humanity in this Kali Yuga and is considered the supreme form of Vishnu in this age.
Suprabhatam (Sanskrit: सुप्रभातम “auspicious dawn”) is a name given to Sanskrit hymns recited in the morning to awaken the Lord.
The most famous is the Lord Venkateswara Suprabhatam recited at Tirupati to awaken Venkateswara.
It was composed around 1500 by Sri Prativadi Bhayankaram Annan Swami, a disciple of Sri Manavala Mamuni, who also composed Sri Ranganatha Suprabhatam.
The Venkateswara Suprabhatam, being the morning recital of prayers and songs of awakening, is believed to have been written and sung by one of Ramanujacharya’s disciples who visited the temple with his Guru.
We devote this free Suprabhatam (Lite) to you all.
This iphone book has following features:
- Full Suprabhatam: Sanskrit & English Versions
- Each stanzas have been picture illustrated and with full described meaning
- Each page is scroll enabled and changes with Next and Previous buttons
- No need for Sanskrit Settings
Download Suprabhatam Lite from iTune store today !
Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Suprabhatam Audio Suprabhatam (Audio) New Feature: Lyrics with Audio Track Lord Venkateswara...
- iphone application – hanuman chalisa lite Hanuman is considered as siranjaeevi (to live eternally). He is...
- Slider Locker Lite – Zeeplox Slider Locker Lite Zeeplox Genre: Productivity Price: $0.99 Release...
- Madhurashtakam by sripad vallabha acharya for devotion of lord krishna Madhurashtakam New Feature: Lyrics with Audio Track The Madhurashtakam (Sanskrit:...